Saturday 24 March 2018

L in LUCK

Hey guys,

Hijazi in the house, so today I have a thought about L in LUCK which is 'logistics'.

I learned about LUCK in a class with Azizan Osman in IMKK a few years ago.

Well, logistics is, your environment, your surrounding. And as for an indie entrepreneur or solopreneur, to be on your self can be very hard. Surely can, but for the long run it will be tiring and will tear your motivation. In that case, we have to be in the right surroundings, good groupings. We have to choose wisely.

I love to be an entrepreneur, I love to make my own decision, to live how do I want. I am able to navigate the journey I think can give impact to myself.

I create apps, many ideas come from myself or others to solve my own problems, and I enjoy the creation of creating ones.

On my position of being a developer, iOS, it's not good enough to stay in a silo. That's why being in a company is good too, you are surrounded by like-minded people. Well if you are solopreneur, chances you will work alone, with less human interaction, I heard this from Twitter. This guy said it's kind of depression with all work and no interaction, true story. I am lucky enough to have family that I always can talk and play with (my daughter).

But in work sense, being professional can be sometimes really boring especially when you are alone. Business is about helping others. So to be relevant, and keep relevant, I ongoing to join like-minded people of having interest in this technologies. iOS, Android, UI/UX, Laravel and React Native.

Previously I joined MY CocoaHeads community, it's an awesome iOS developer community. Usually held in KL area. I joined when it's usually held in Mindvalley, Bangsar. It's so important to mingle with local developers because they share things that happen in their companies. I am not in any company so you can't tell how valuable this kind of sharing right.

Life keeps going, and eventually, in Cyberjaya, there is also tech community called DevCon. Here is more diversified, there is a long list of techs enthusiast here. Mobile development is one of them. DevCon organized 3 big events so far, I had the chance to taught iOS app development. But recently, the number of iOS participant has been declining. Hmm, why iOS developer not so many? In the business sense, this is not even a good thing right. So I ask latest cross-platform React Native solution to take lead.

The result was the receptions was better than iOS, but on the other side Android reception as usual super large as usual. Next time around, no more Android but React Native for iOS and Android.

I will take lead for that. I actually seriously learn React Native for about a month now. The paradigm of real native and React Native is different. I take some time to understand it. I still need to refer to previously written project to write a new one. Especially on Redux topic.

I will write what I have learned during 1 month of learning React Native. And will present on next meetup.

Alrite, for summary, L, logistics is the key element to drive your self forward towards living your dream. You cannot live in a silo, find good people, find good community to join, be participative and live well.

Alrite, that from me. See you on next post on what I learn with React Native.





No comments:

Post a Comment